Friday, October 21, 2016

Gimme All Your Candy! - TGIFC78


Happy Friday everyone! Can you believe we are already into the second half of October already??  I have been busy making a lot of Halloween treats for my nieces and nephew.  Two of my sisters asked if I would make tag toppers for the 2x8" cellophane bags from Stampin' Up! - 70 to be exact!

Here I am crankin' out all these candy treats and wouldn't you know, this week's theme at TGIF Challenges is a sweet candy theme!

I don't know about you, but I have mixed thoughts on candy corn.  I'm not even sure if I really like it or not... I prefer Kit Kat and Milky Way bars, but I see candy corn just hanging out in a bowl, I just snack at it.  But I'm not even sure if I really like it or if I just eat it because it's there... it's a love/hate relationship.

Ugh... I never should've bought any. 

But I needed to buy some to snack on while I used this cute candy corn stamp from Jar of Haunts.


To get the look of the piled up candy corn, I took the candy corn stamp from the Jar of Haunts stamp set and stamped in on computer paper.  I then cut it out as best as I could around each piece of candy corn to make a mask.  I recommend using computer paper because it is thinner and the images will blend better without too much spacing in between.  


For the falling pieces of candy corn, I inked a few of the pieces using Memento Black Ink and then cleaned off the excess.  This allowed me to cluster one, two or several pieces.  I colored the pieces in using Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers.  I added some of the Basic Black/Basic Gray twine from the Halloween Night Baker's Twine.  I finished the card with a sentiment from the Spooky Fun stamp set.


I hope you like my "sweet" candy creation!  I'm also adding this card to the following two challenges:



I REALLY hope you play along with us this week at TGIF!  Check out our main page here to see what the rest of the design team made!

Have a great weekend!

-Holly





6 comments:

  1. Wow, Holly, a lot of work went into this card design, but it certainly paid off. I love the fun feel for this spooky occasion :-)
    Thanks so much for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, your "sweet" card is just adorable! Your masking for create all of the candy corn at the bottom was perfect! I love the addition of the twine around the jar too! Truly an amazing job! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Craft Crew this week! Blessings, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly this is so cute! I really love how you added the twine!! Thank you for playing along with the Paper Craft Crew this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly....what a very COOL card!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Craft Crew!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh! This is SO cute! I love all the scattered candy corn! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Craft Crew! Christyne - DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that's adorable Holly. Great card. Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Craft Crew. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete