Sunday, January 8, 2017

Love is in the Air with The Creation Station


Welcome to our Creation Station blog hop.  We are a group of international SU! demos that blog on the first Sunday of the month.  Now obviously, this is the second Sunday of the month, but I'm not sure we were all on our computers last weekend since it was a holiday.  This month we are highlighting Love - whether it's a Valentine's Day treat or just a love themed creation... We hope you enjoy seeing our projects made with Stampin' Up! products.  Be sure to make your way around the entire blog hop - there is lots to see (and pin!)

I decided to make a card and little gift bag with the new Sealed with Love stamp set and matching framelits.  I'm not a huge Valentine's fan, but this set has lots of cute little hearts and a few small primitive images - one that I used as a background.


For the bag I used the Gift Bag Punch Board, stamping the "Hugs & Kisses" stamp over in Mint Macaron ink. For the little tag I layered a piece of Sending Love DSP that I punched out using the Best Badge Punch, the hearts and arrow are from the Love Notes Framelits Dies. I also punched out the sentiment using the Classic Label Punch.


The ribbon is the Sending Love Ribbon Combo Pack - Real Red and Whisper White.


For the card I used a scrap piece of Real Red cardstock that I cut three arrows from.  I actually cut these arrows out while I attended OnStage back in November.  The arrows were a part of our Make & Take, but I like to plan ahead sometimes and thought if I cut them out a certain way, maybe I could use the negative for something else.  Yes, I save weird stuff like that and hoard too many scraps.

I took the cute primitive stamp and created this background.


Some Layering Circles Framelits to finish the card off. 


I hope you like both projects!  There is plenty more to see, so make sure you take time to check it all out!  You can head back to my dear friend Cindy, or on to the next across the world to my sweet Aussie friend Denita!  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful Sunday (and week)!

-Holly


 


Supplies I used for these projects:

7 comments:

  1. Cute stamped background! I was trying to figure out what paper it was from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Holly. Love your color combination for Valentines. It's one of my FAVORITES. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly: You're so clever! I love the primitve stamp background! It looks like DSP. And saving your "card part" from OnStage was genius! Way to think ahead!! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, and I love the little gift bag! Perfect with the 'hugs and kisses'😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creations, Holly! Your little gift bag is the sweetest! D xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh so pretty. Gorgeous colour combo too x

    ReplyDelete