Sunday, October 1, 2017

Beautiful You with The Stamp Review Crew


Hello!  Thanks for joining me today :)  If you stopped by the hop earlier and missed me, thanks for checking back in.  It's been a little busy lately with our newborn, t-ball games and well, life in general, so I fell a little behind and didn't get my post up early.  We usually post Monday mornings anyway, so I'm technically not "late".  Anyway, we are the Stamp Review Crew and we blog on the first and third Monday of the month featuring a particular stamp set.

Today we are featuring Beautiful You.  This is one of the sets that was new last year and unfortunately, I don't use it as often as I'd like.  But I do love the girl with the umbrella so I decided to make a card for a friend that needs a pick-me-up.


The navy designer series paper (DSP) is from the Naturally Eclectic DSP pack.  This is one of the many DSP packs on sale now - buy 3 packs, get one free.  This is one of my favorite paper packs in the catalog and I think I will be stocking up on it!  This particular sheet is perfect for the raindrops.

The bottom half of the card is made using one of the framelits from the Little Loves Framelits.  I absolutely love it when an idea turns out better than I had imagined!  I will have to recreate this again on more cards.


The girl was colored using our Watercolor Pencils and an Aqua Painter.  I then cut the image out using the largest oval from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  Finished off with 2 of Stampin' Up!'s fabulous ribbons and the card is complete.


I sure hope you liked my creation!  I've already seen some of the projects on the hop and I know you won't be disappointed.  Make sure to make your way around, pin your favorites and leave us some love.  We really enjoy hearing from you!


Blessings,
Holly


12 comments:

  1. Oh, be still my heart! I adore your rainy day card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful elegant card! I love your paper choice and color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color palette and design on this, Holly! Great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love the texture you created and the pop of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving the rain! What a gorgeous card, Holly! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of those framelits, and I love the pop of pink...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love all the texture on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card with beautiful colouring! And I agree with your embossing folder request! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colours are stunning together Holly, such a beautiful use of this set. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you used the framelits to make the "embossing folder", Holly! Love the colors you chose for this card.

    ReplyDelete