Thursday, April 9, 2015

OSAT Blog Hop - Mother's Day


Welcome to the OSAT blog for April!  If this is your first time with us, I'm glad you're here!  And if you joined us last month, thanks for stopping by again!  Make sure to check out all of the talented ladies and gents in the hop!  Lots of talent to share :)  We will be making 2 projects each month so make sure to check back on the second Thursday each month. 

This month's theme is Mother's Day.  This was kind of a bummer at first for me because I knew my mom would likely read my blog and see her card early! (Hey ma!)  I don't like to ruin surprises.  But I figured since she would more than likely see the card, I had to make sure I was allowed to use this photo.  This is one of her favorites of her and my grandma.  I love this picture too and had it hanging on my fridge.  Then last week my friend sent me a photo of a card she made her sister with an old B&W photo on the front and I knew exactly what I wanted to do!
(Thanks Karen!)


I cut the flowers from the painted blooms DSP and added some dimensionals to add some detail.  The MOM were leftovers from another Mother's Day card I recently blogged.   I embossed the sentiment in blackberry bliss with clear embossing powder.  
You can read it as "mom you make me happy" or "you make me happy mom" :)



I kept the inside fairly simple by just adding the same DSP and ribbon from the front.


The second project is a small trinket box made with the bow builder punch, painted blooms DSP, blackberry bliss ribbon & tiny treat box.  I cannot take credit for the big bow - good ol' Pinterest!  
The tag and sentiment are from the Handpicked/From the Garden bundle. 


Perfect for jewelry or chocolate :)


I hope you all enjoyed my creations!  I did save one last Mother's Day surprise for next month and I will share the sappy stuff later.  :)

  Make sure to "pin" your favorite cards from the hop!  Click the "next" button and head over to see what James has in store.  They call him the "Stampin' Stud" and he's a pretty talented guy!  Thanks for joining us!


-Holly

Tina 
Holly - that's me :)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

11 comments:

  1. Holly, your card is Fabulous and I know she must be head or heels over it! Love your trinket box too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Debra! :) sorry for the link confusion!

      Delete
  3. Your mom is going to LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooly, I absolutely love the picture you included on the card. It made me teary eyed thinking of my mom. She made my childhood the best ever (dad too). As an adult, she's become my friend and I'm so blessed she's still with me. Thank you for sparking wonderful childhood memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly, your talent never ceases to amaze me! Wonderful job!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. holly - what a creative way to get a smile the minute the card is opened! can't wait to hear about the sappy stuff!!! the love ya tag is gonna be a definite case - so simple yet so meaningful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your delightful photo frame just makes me want to dig for old photos of my mom. Or, I could make one of myself to give my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a special card incorporating such a special picture. Love the way you stamped the gift box.

    ReplyDelete