Monday, July 4, 2016

Stamp Review Crew: Flourishing Phrases



Happy Independence Day to all of my US readers!! I actually hope you're reading this on Tuesday and not plugged in on a holiday!  I will forgive you :)

Well it's been over a month since I've hopped along with the Stamp Review Crew.  The last two sets that we featured, I don't own.  It was a nice little break but I did enjoy seeing what the rest of the team came up with for those weeks.

If you're new to the Stamp Review Crew, welcome!  We are a group of stampers from around the world that love Stampin' Up! and we love featuring a particular stamp set to give you plenty of ideas!  Be sure to make your way around to everyone's blog.  I believe there are 16 of us this week!

If you came from Mickey's blog, thank you for continuing on.  I hope you like what I made!
I made two cards with the large flourish framelit using both the cutout portion and the negative.



I love the look of having words stand out - either by a different color or with a dimensional.  The floral image is from the stamp set Floral Phrases.  I colored the images with the in-color markers and spritzed it once with water.  This gave it the murky/blurred look (which I love).



Did you know you could "ruffle" cardstock too? :)


I did cut the flourish a bit since this portion was covered up.  Makes a great detail for the inside of the card.


For the second card, I used the negative image as the focal point.  I used my aqua painter to splatter Island Indigo ink on the Mint Macaron cardstock and then adhered it to the white layer.


I LOVE the detail of these framelits.  So classy and elegant!


For the inside of the card I used the sentiment that paired with the "With Sympathy".  I used my aqua painter again to make a watercolor swash on the background.


I hope that you liked both cards.  I don't want to be an enabler, but I'm thinking there will be many Flourishing Phrases bundles on wishlists after today!  Definitely worth the price!

Head on back to the talented Mickey Roberts or continue on to the equally awesome, Shana Gaff!  You won't be disappointed!

      

Blessings,
Holly 





14 comments:

  1. Such sweet details! Love how you used the hidden section of diecut on the inside of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cards. I love your color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly I love your cards! Sometimes it's so hard to make a sympathy card that doesn't overwhelm but lets the receiver know that you card. You hit this right on the head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Mickey! They are certainly hard cards to make - so thank you! Maybe I'll make a few extra :)

      Delete
  4. Wonderful use of both the die cut and the negative image! I love the sentiment over the watercolor wash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards yet again Holly! These are amazing! The Mint Macaron card is my favourite! I love that you cut the Flourish Thinlit out and then backed it with the Whisper White card. The Island Indigo really off-sets the Mint Macaron perfectly. Love, love, love it! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle! :) I love the color combo too!

      Delete
  6. Oh my Holly! These are just wonderful! I love the colors, and the way you highlighted part of the sentiment. The negative image and subtle elegance of the last card is stunning also :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty cards! I love the color combos you used and highlighting part of the sentiment is so different for me I like the look! Using the negative side to create another card is brilliant! It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete