Sunday, July 24, 2016

Stamp Review Crew - Thoughtful Branches


Welcome to a special Stamp Review Crew hop!  Usually we hop on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, but Stampin' Up! has an exclusive, while supplies last, one month only set that will be released Aug 2 called Thoughtful Branches, so we decided to show off the set to you.  The Artisan Design Team for SU! has already shown some great previews to the set and we hope to do the same! I don't have a picture of the matching framelits, but here is what the set looks like:

I fell in love with the font right away.  (It's called Madina Script and I think if I ever buy a Silhouette machine, it will be the first font I purchase!)

Anyway, I made two things with the set that I wanted to share today (and the rest I will share over the next few days).  I really like the bare trees and decided to focus on them for my projects. First is a card that I made with a "Christmas in July" concept.  


I filled my Aqua Painter with Soft Sky Reinker and some water and brushed it on SU! Watercolor paper.  I then stamped the tree image over the background in Versamark.


One of the great sentiments in the set is this (large) "You're in my thoughts" stamp.  I love that it's big and fills about a 2" circle.  I stamped the tree image again in Soft Sky ink and then embossed the sentiment with Gold Emboss Powder.


I love stamping on the insides of my cards too - so this was no exception.  I think that you could even stamp "at Christmas" on the inside to make it a "thinking of you at Christmas" kind of card. :)


So that was my card.  What do you think?  Like the new set so far?  Here's another use of the trees - this time used with the "Thank You" sentiments.  With all of the negative news, we decided to make some cookies for our local police station to say thank you.  Our 5yo even added a sweet little note.



For the box, I used a retired gift box from SU! (measures 4.5"x6") but with the Gift Box Punch Board, you could make a similar box.  


I stamped the trees and stars around each side of the box in Crumb Cake ink.  



I stamped the "thank you" image all over the lid as well in Crumb Cake.


Tip:  When packaging cookies in a box with a Window Sheet, put what you want showing through the window opposite of the ziplock.  For example, here I put the cookies in the bag upside down so that when I turned it back over to put in the box, the cookies were facing upward and the ziplock was on the underside.

We made some of my favorite chocolate chip cookies - this time with some M&Ms.  If you're not putting pudding in your chocolate chip cookies, you're doing it wrong. =) Just trust me.  Here's the recipe I used.


Thanks so much for scrolling through my post! I know it was long :)  Make sure to continue around the hop to see all of the ideas for this exclusive stamp set!  Remember, August 2nd is the first day you can order from your demonstrator!  And if you order now during July, you can earn bonus bucks to have credit towards the new set!  Win-win!

Head on back to Bruno B or on to Kelly K! :)

    

Blessings,
Holly



13 comments:

  1. I adore that watercolored background you created! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally amazing Holly! Your card is so elegant - I love it! And what a lovely idea for the cookies. Beautifully executed as always! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLLY - I LOVE THESE PROJECTS!!! Sorry, Ill stop yelling now.
    These are amazing. I love the use of Versamark. LOVE the layering of card - it is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, wow, wow! Love the Versamark on watercolouring thing and the box and the EVERYTHING xox Fantastique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I love all of these projects Holly! <3 Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects, Holly! I really love the tag for the box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with your subtle card! Just beautiful!! And the little gift for the local police dept - so cute and touching!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the soft, subtle theme in the first card and the repeated stamping for the little package (such a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You, my dear, are the Queen of Subtle! The backgrounds on both the box and the card are just lovely. I never thought to save myself time and put re-inker in an aqua painter when colouring a large area either - genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design and technique. I gotta get into watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The watercolored card is exquisite! And what a great idea for the box of cookies -- I also use that recipe, so I'm sure they were eaten with great enthusiasm and appreciation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects! I love what you and your daughter did. I come from a family of cops and you have know idea how much that means.

    ReplyDelete