Follow by Email

Friday, March 24, 2017

Let's Celebrate #100! Casing Mercedes for TGIFC100!

Happy Friday everyone!  Wow, I can hardly believe TGIF Challenges is on #100!  It seems so long ago.  (I was actually living in an entirely different state when this challenge site started.)  This was one of the first sites that I participated in regularly as a challenger.  It really helped me grow as a stamper and a blogger and I give this team and challenge site a lot of credit for who I am today!

One sweet lady in particular - Mercedes - has really inspired me over the years and I admire her for not only her insanely creative style, but for her love of Jesus.  Now we are on the SU! Artisan Design Team together and I consider her a great friend!  Check out her blog and I'm sure you'll see why she's been on the ADT 3x!


Here is the card I made for today.  I wanted to make a card with Kraft cardstock - one of Mercedes favorites, add some shabby chic details and some punches.  Lots of layers and details!


I used the Oh So Succulent stamp set and stamped the succulents on a large tag I made with one of the Lots of Labels Framelits.  I also added a piece of Sending Love Glassine Sheet punched out with the Best Badge punch and topped that off with the embossed sentiment from Badges & Banners punched out with the Duet Banner Punch and a doily.


One of my favorite things about Mercedes is her simple and creative approach to stamping.  Sometimes she can find a really unique use for a punch or die that you would've never thought of - but other times it is something really simple.  One thing in particular that I picked up on with Mercedes' cards is the half circles punched on the sides of the card that hold the Linen Thread or other twine.
I think it's one of her signature styles :) I love it!


For the inside, I added a little more of the Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper and a doily scrap for that extra detail.


I'm so happy that we get to honor the one who started TGIF Challenges!  I hope you join along!
Have a wonderful weekend!

-Holly



2 comments:

  1. I love this card. That doily detail is something Mercedes uses a lot, too, I've noticed. I love the vellum shield in the layers. amother card of yours got me to buy that punch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly your creations are always so top notch & we are lucky to have you on the TGIF team! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete