Thursday, May 18, 2017

Happy Celebrations Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

Hello! Welcome to another blog hop with the Artisan Design Team!  I hope that you've been following along with us all year, but if not and this is your first time, welcome!  We are a group of 20 demonstrators from all over the globe that have the priveledge of representing Stampin' Up! on their design team.  If you came from my talented friend Dani, thanks for continuing on to me!  And if along the way you need translate a blog, you can use google translate so you won't miss any details!

Today we are sharing with you creations that we have made with either the Happy Celebrations stamp set and the coordinating embossing folders or products from the Cool Treats suite! 

I chose to work with the Happy Celebrations stamp set 
and here is what I have created:


My sister Kelly is a high school teacher and her birthday is a week from today!  So I thought this would be the perfect card!  Unfortunately for her, the m&m's won't ship, so I will have to enjoy her little snack. :)

I thought the font for the word happy looked like chalk lines and decided to make a chalkboard.  For the "chalkboard" look I embossed the word happy using Versamark and White Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I then took Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad and my Stamping Sponge and lightly swirled around the Basic Black cardstock.  
Tip: Avoid pressing too hard while swirling the white ink or you will get more concentrated ink spots.  Lighting swirl the sponge around and add more if you like.


For the apple, I took the smaller circle stamp and stamped red on red and fussy cut it out.  The wooden embellishment leaves (available June 1st) were sponged with Lemon Lime Twist.


I also wanted to make a little gift.  Again, I'll be eating it since we live states away from each other - but at least you have an idea!  I used the new Wood Crate Framelits to create this cute treat holder.  The awesome wood DSP is also a sneak peek at something you can order June 1st (or now if you're a demo!).  I love the Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack.


The candies are in a 3"x 6" Gusseted Cellophane Bag and the tag is simply a circle punched with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. 


I hope you enjoyed my creations! Don't forget to pin your favorites! (or follow the SU! Artisan Design Team Pinterest board)  Make your way around the blog too - we love to hear from you!

Next up is the very talented Jennifer Sootkoos from New Jersey!  Click the next button below to start or go off the full list of blogs below!


Have a wonderful day!
-Holly


7 comments:

  1. Oooh. Sweets make like little cherries, it's cute! And the blackboard effect ... Bravo Holly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat idea it really does look like a chalk board!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet ❤️ I like the idea with the blackboard very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Holly! The happy looks like it has been painted on and is a fabulous image for the chalkboard technique! How cute is that apple? Love it! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a great idea to create a chalkboard. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great chalk board card for a teacher. Shame you can't send her the cute crate of "apples" too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Cute! Love the school theme look, and the chalk board technique is amazing!

    ReplyDelete