Monday, May 15, 2017

In the City - Hostess Sneak Peak!

Friends, it's been awhile hasn't it?

I haven't posted in almost 2 weeks which is just crazy to me and I miss it!  I held 3 classes this month - probably my last until our move - and haven't sat down to stamp much for fun.

Well, at least I hadn't until this awesome stamp set showed up at my door last week!  I usually don't purchase hostess sets as I don't hold many parties, but I had to get this set for my boys.  They loved the 2-step bug set in the occasions catalog and I knew they'd like this too!

This set is called In the City - a 60 stamp photopolymer set!! Lots of cute buildings, vehicles, nature and sentiments.  No need to color really.  The colored images are stamps!


The only coloring I did here was the cakes in the bakery, the stained glass windows and the blue/white awning.  Even the little doors are stamps!  I did add a road with the swipe of my Smoky Slate Stampin' Write Marker and a few birds with the Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.  I think I'll leave this card for the family that purchased our home.


I fussy cut the cars and added them on with the new Mini Dimensionals.  They are awesome!


As I said, there are some cute sentiments in this set - but I actually changed one up a bit.  We recently had a friend visit us so I took the "thanks for letting us visit!" sentiment and made my own custom sentiment!

I love photopolymer for this reason!  And the new sentiment fit perfectly inside the Classic Label Punch.


I love the little church in this stamp set.  My father has been a minister for the last 25+ years and I wanted to make a special card just for him.  I paired this with the sentiment from the Lift Me Up stamp set and stamped it on the large circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelit Dies.


I added some of the building images as a background which I think really helped with the otherwise boring Smoky Slate card base.  I added a panel of Wild Wasabi cardstock embossed with the Seaside Textured Embossing Folder.  A few Pumpkin Pie Enamel Shapes, new 3/8" Bermuda Bay Mini Chevron Ribbon, Crushed Curry Cardstock and Dimensionals and the card is complete!


Pretty cute huh?

If you'd like to earn your own In the City stamp set - you need a $150 minimum order OR host a party and earn it free with qualifying party orders!

I hope you like these cards!  I have a feeling I'll be sharing more soon!

Blessings,
Holly





No comments:

Post a Comment