Thursday, June 1, 2017

Color Theory Highlight - Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Hello! Welcome to another blog hop with the Artisan Design Team!  I hope that you've been following along with us all year, but if not and this is your first time, welcome!  We are a group of 20 demonstrators from all over the globe that have the privilege of representing Stampin' Up! on their design team.  If you came from my talented friend Dani, thanks for continuing on to me!  And if along the way you need translate a blog, you can use google translate so you won't miss any details!

Today I want to share with you a card I made today using the Color Theory suite.  I really like the sentiments in this set but have been struggling with the rest of the set.  (Just being honest.)  Fortunately, the Color Theory Designer Series Paper Stack and the new Color Theory Memories & More* Card Pack helped make this card shine.

*Memories & More is the awesome new product replacing Project Life.  So awesome, in fact, that the first time I flipped through the catalog, I didn't even notice.  Not much difference - same great concept!


The crackled Dapper Denim background is from the DSP stack and the Old Olive and White card layer is one of the cards from the Memories & More pack.  Great way to use up the cards by adding them as a layer!  The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White and cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits.


The new 3/8" Mini Chevron Ribbon comes in 3 colors - Bermuda Bay, Old Olive and Crushed Curry which I chose for this card.  You can see the chevron up close.  It's a very pretty ribbon - but they always are, right?


I think this card could be sent with my son for his teacher.  I think the last day of school is a pretty happy one for the teachers too! :)

Well, school is officially out today!  Very exciting!

And do you know what else is out today?!?  The NEW 2017-2018 Stampin' Up! Catalog!! :)  Happy dance here!  I can hardly wait to get my hands on some great new product!

While you wait for your order to ship, take a look around on the hop!  I know you won't be disappointed. As always, you can find the complete list of blogs below. Next up is the lovely Jennifer Sootkoos from New Jersey!



Thanks again for stopping by!  Now go make your wish list!

-Holly

Allison Okamitsu
Aurelie Fabre
Cathy Caines
Dani Dziama
Holly Stene
Jennifer Sootkoos
Jessica Winter
Katy Harrison
Kimberly Van Diepen
Louise Sharp 
Maike Ulbrich
Martha Inchley
Mercedes Weber
Mindy Bingamon 
Miriam van Eyden
Paula Dobson
Rochelle Blok
Shannon Lane
Sylwia Schreck 
Tanya Boser 

5 comments:

  1. I love how you related that sentiment to the last day of school for teachers, lol! Beautiful, as aways :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card - and great idea for an end-of-school sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so simple but bold and stunning! I love it...now where did I put that card pack...???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever way to use the sentiment! I've been struggling a little with the paper too - but this is fabulous! I forgot I have that Memories and More card pack - time to crack it open! xo

    ReplyDelete