Friday, June 9, 2017

Good Luck Grad! - Introducing Going Far & Hello Friend

Hello friends!  I hope you are doing well.

This morning I made a quick graduation card for a gathering we are going to tomorrow.  I misplaced the graduate's invitation, so I don't know her school colors.  So I decided I would just do something fun and a little less traditional for a graduation card.  The sketch is a stretch - but inspired by the sketch challenge at The Global Design Project.  It's been months since I've participated in a challenge on any blog and a sketch is the easiest kind to jump back in with!


The sentiment is from a new set called Going Far and the background is stamped with various stamps from the Hello Friend stamp set (which coordinates with a beautiful card kit in the new catalog!)

I really like this moroccan tile background stamp (in Peekaboo Peach) - I really was anxious to see this on paper.  I decided to stamp the wreath in Emerald Envy with Sweet Sugarplum flowers.  I originally thought of stamping this on a separate circle and layering this - but I'm glad I didn't - that way I can still see the Peekaboo Peach detail.


If you know me, you know I love lots of layers and details.  I added pearls, twine, some new 3/8" Emerald Envy Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.


I also added a little Soft Sky splatter with an Aqua Painter (not sure if you can see that in the picture).


Overall, I'm pretty pleased with this card.  Sometimes it can be a little difficult coming up with ideas for brand new stamp sets.  My suggestion is to start out simple and add more as you go.

Hope you have a great weekend!

-Holly
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment