Friday, July 7, 2017

Cheers for Marv! - Five for All & Mixed Drinks

Happy Friday!! I have a fun card for you today in celebration of my father-in-law.  Today is his birthday and I know he'll probably enjoy a nice cold beer and something grilled for his day!  Today's card is a combination of the Mixed Drinks stamp set and sentiments from the new Five for All stamp set. 


I decided to add the word bubble and "cheers" on a small background.  A fun detail with a bold pop of color.  I took the piece of Bermuda Bay cardstock and cut the largest square from the Stitched Shapes Framelits and then crinkled the paper up for a different texture.


My favorite part of the card is this sentiment.  When I first saw this set in the catalog I literally laughed out loud.  THIS is me NOW... Blame it on being pregnant, or that our other 3 kids are 6 and under...


I'm constantly forgetting what the heck I walked into a room for... 

That birthday has definitely come and gone for me.


I hope you enjoy this fun card!   If you'd like to see the supplies I used for this card, scroll to the end of the post.  You can purchase both stamp sets and you're well on your way of earning a bonus days coupon!  Remember, for every $50 you spend in July, you will receive a $5 off coupon to use in August (kind of like Kohl's cash!)  This is a great time of year to get items knocked off your wish list.


I'm also entering this card in a card challenge - something that I haven't done so much since being a part of the ADT.  One of my favorites - SU Only Challenges has a"Summer Fun" theme!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Tomorrow we are headed to our first family outing here in Texas - a Peach Festival!  Sounds pretty sweet (even if it will be 100!)

Blessings,
Holly



Product List

4 comments:

  1. What a fun card! Love the color combination and I am sure that your FIL will love it as well! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges- hugs and we hope that you will join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a fun card for your FIL. I love all the texture and using the stamp image on your background. Thanks for playing along with the Stampin' Up! Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So unique~ Thanks for playing along!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool card! I love this sentiment too. So clever and fun. So glad you joined the fun at SUO challenges.

    ReplyDelete