Sunday, August 6, 2017

August in My Neighborhood! with The Creation Station


Happy Sunday to you! Wow - it has been months since I've joined in on the fun with the Creation Station team.  I had to step back from a few of the design teams I'm on while we moved, and I am fortunate enough that the teams welcome me back! :)  So here I am!  If you came from Julie, thanks for continuing on to me.

This month's theme is August in My Neighborhood and this was so perfect for me.  We moved 5 weeks ago into a new subdevelopment and there are families moving in almost weekly.  For my project I used the hostess set called In the City.  I love this set - it's so much fun to play around with and create city scenes.  Our boys like to stamp with it too!

We noticed new neighbors two houses down the other day so I thought this would be a nice way to say welcome!  I know I could have used the "welcome to our block" sentiment, but I thought the "neighborhood" seemed sweet.

I will (shamefully) admit that I did not bake this.  I was in the hospital this week and it's been just a long few days.  I cheated and bought some Blackberry Peach Coffee Cake - yummo!


I kept the original packaging for the bread and made a little box with a sheet of Delightful Daisy DSP.  I stamped a little scene on some whisper white cardstock and cut it out with the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies.


I've done this technique several times where I simply wrap the bread with Vellum.  I'm not quite certain it's food safe, so you could use wax or parchment paper if you'd like.  I added a belly band of Crumb Cake cardstock that I stamped the little buildings and trees on.  


I added a doily and some ribbons and the gift was complete.


This really didn't take long at all and it's a sweet way to dress up a little loaf of bread.  You could even create something for a bag of cookies too.

Thanks for stopping by!  You can head back to Julie or onto Val Moody!
     

Have a wonderful day!
-Holly

Product List

4 comments:

  1. Love! Such a cute wrapper. I really should get this stamp set. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Holly! Goodness you new neighbor gift is awesome! I love the DSP box and the belly band is so precious! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely gift Holly - and it's the thought that counts, I think you can be forgiven for not baking this week! Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Holly! I'm in love with your project! And getting hungry as well, it looks really yummy! Really stunning box! Hope you're doing well now!

    ReplyDelete