Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Banana Bread for "The Egg Lady"

The boys and I found a local family that sell farm fresh eggs and other week the younger 3 and I went and picked up a few dozen.  Ms Karen - the egg lady as the boys once called her - was sweet to let the boys check out the chickens while we were there.  They thought they were just going for the ride!

Two weeks went by and Ms Karen told me that the boys were welcome to come back to see the new babies on the farm.  A few baby goats were born earlier this month and she thought they'd enjoy seeing them.  So Friday night we drove over to her and her husband's property to pick up more eggs and see the animals.

I wanted to make them something to say thank you for letting us barge in on their Friday night so I made a loaf of fresh banana bread and wrapped it with a fun little tag.


I think the Tutti Fruiti DSP from the Occasions Catalog was perfect for this as was the chicken from the (retired) Hey, Chick stamp set.


The oven mitt is from Apron of Love and the "thank you big time" stamp is from the new Animal Outings stamp set that you can order starting on FRIDAY!  Woohoo!


Ms Karen's husband didn't wait at all and ripped a chunk off the end!  But they were touched that we brought the banana bread.  I was happy to bake and love to make something extra special to say thank you.

Here are the boys petting the little kid... I mean, little goat. :)


It was a pretty special Friday :)

I encourage you to do something extra for someone this week!  Send a card, bake some cookies, buy someone's coffee... Be the good in the world :)

Blessings,
Holly








2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet story! And I want that bread! Lol it's too pretty to eat now though. OXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I explain this to the world that there is a man who can cure HERPES, I was diagnosed for the past 1 year I have being into HERPES since 1 year, so I decide to look for help in the internet then I found a post write about this great man called DR. Yakubu , people say good thing about him that this man have cured, a lot of people in the internet, him has power's to cure HSV1 AND HSV2 I don’t believe that there is a cure for Herpes Simplex Virus because though there is no cure for herpes that what I have in mind HERPES had no cure well , my HERPES is negative through the using of herbal cured of DR yakubu , I contacted this man for help because of what i see in the internet. if you need his cured just email him now on dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com , thank you DR. i will never stop shearing you testimony DR. Yakubu . him Can as well CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-1, HIV/AIDS, 2, Diseases of the hear 3, Malignant tumors 4. Cardiovascular diseases 5. Diabetes mellifluous 6.Influenza and pneumonia 7.Alzheimer's disease 8. hsv1 - hsv2. If you need LOVE SPELL. E.T.C contact him dr.yakubuherbalhealingclinic@gmail.com or you whatsapp him on +2348057353647...
    Dr.yakubu 하나님은 내 삶을 회복시켜 주신 것에 대한 축복을 계속할 것입니다. 나는 사람들에게 증거를 계속 나눌 것입니다.

    ReplyDelete