Thursday, February 19, 2015

Using Your Framelits to the Max :)

My friend got engaged over the weekend and I just so happened to get a new stamp set (Your Perfect Day) and new framelits (Handpicked) in the mail Tuesday so the timing was perfect with this card I had on my mind... Except one problem.  The words I wanted to use didn't quite fit in the bread tag that I wanted to use.

So I got to thinking about a trick my mom once taught me.  And honestly, I'm not sure who was the first person to discover this, but if you're reading this - thank you!! :)

The way to elongate the bread tag is simple.  In this picture you'll see the original size, what it looked like stamped on the original bread tag and then the final look.  

After stamping the sentiment on some crumb cake cardstock I ran the framelit and paper through the big shot but ONLY enough to cut the top.  Then I turned the paper and framelit around and only ran it through halfway again - this time only cutting the bottom half.  I did have to use my scissors to clip it a little but it worked!!  

I hope this is a new trick that you will remember and use someday! Enjoy!

Here's another sample using a different tag and the Endless Birthday Wishes set.

Happy Stamping!

-Holly
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I would have never thought of that! Cool trick! I may have to try this tonight. Love your card Holly! It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Tina! I'd love to see how you use it too! :)

      Delete