Sunday, May 10, 2015

CYCI69 - A Sketch Challenge

Good morning everyone and welcome back to another Can You Case It challenge!  First off, I want to extend a "Happy Mother's Day" to all of the mothers out there reading this.  I hope your day is special - but that's what mothers are!
 
The card I made today is for my best friend Jenna.  She and her husband have been going through the adoption process for almost 2 years now and I was praying that this would be her first Mother's Day.  But I have also been praying for the child that God has planned for them and I know His timing is best...
 
So since she's not a mother yet, I wanted her to know she's still special to me.  I love the sentiment from the "Choose Happiness" set from SU!.   I decided to use just one set for the card.  I wanted to show you that you don't need to have every set out there to make a card - you can certainly start out small and collect over time!
 
Here is the challenge for this week.  Make sure you head on over to the CYCI site so you can play along!
 




I stamped the branches in Soft Suede and colored them using a blender pen.  To get the pink splatter I put a small drop of Strawberry Slush reinker in the ink lid and used my aqua painter to flick the color on.  This is messy, so make sure you don't have anything within "firing range" :)


For the card detail, I fussy cut a branch and the bird and added three banners - one of the stamped image, some chevron ribbon and some DSP.  I'm sure going to miss these in-colors!!

 
Some more splatter and branches on the inside and the card is complete! :)


I hope you are inspired to join us this week!  I'd love to see your work!

Blessings,
Holly

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


5 comments:

  1. Holly, as usual your card is Fabulous inside and out! (so are you, by the way) I hope you have a great Mother's Day with your sweet family! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're the sweetest Tina! And I love ya for being such a great friend! Happy Mother's Day to you!

      Delete
  2. Holly...I love your card. Well, I love your work. I love all the little details on this card. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael! Glad you stuck around at CYCI!

      Delete
  3. Holly... <3 it,incredible design! thanks for being a part of Can You Case It? :) Eva

    ReplyDelete