Thursday, June 30, 2016

Celebrate 89! GDP042

My grandfather "Pap Jake" is turning 89 next Tuesday. Since Monday is a holiday here in the US, I had to be somewhat quick this morning so that I could get the card in the mail today.  (I actually set my alarm early to stamp before my kids woke up!  But.. yeah, that didn't happen..)

I was inspired by the Global Design Project sketch this week.  
Pretty simple.  I love sketches - my kind of thing when I'm in a hurry! :)

I wanted to use these little presents for awhile now.  The Weather Together stamp set is one of my new favorites and it has these 2 little presents in the set.  Not sure how to tie them with the umbrellas quite yet, but for now, I think the present looks cute as a background stamp, don't you?


I love the addition of the little fussy cut present too - wrapped in the Emerald Envy solid baker's twine.  The splatter on the 89 is from the new grungy set called Touches of Texture - another great set from the new catalog!  And the numbers are from the Larger Numbers Framelits.


For the inside, I carried over the Emerald Envy DSP, the splatter and the little present.  The sentiment is from the Feather Together set.


Don't forget to stamp your envelope too!


Thanks for stopping by!  If you still have your grandparents (or parents) around - give them a call or visit!

Have a great weekend!

-Holly



1 comment:

  1. What a perfect card for Pap Jake, Holly! That present is a lovely little stamp and it was a great idea to create a background with it. Love what you have done here. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project.

    ReplyDelete