Friday, June 24, 2016

Flourishing Phrases In-Color Highlight for TGIFC61


Happy Friday!! I hope you all are off to a great start to your weekend.  We will be celebrating this weekend with some cake and ice cream for our little guy.  Our youngest turns 2 today and I officially don't have a baby in the house.  (I just might cry... some more...)

So to cheer myself up, I have some awesome cards to show you today!  It's the last Friday of the month which means we are casing our favorites!  Simply pick a card from this month's challenges - a design team member's card or case one of the challengers cards - just make sure it was from June. :)


I am casing Anne Marie's card from TGIFC58.  
Click here to see her card and leave her some blog love!

I loved the background of this card - the colors are striking and the (somewhat) ombre look really inspired me to make some cards with a similar sponged background look. I also decided to make a small little box to hold the note cards in.


The stamp set that I used for these 5 cards is the Flourishing Phrases stamp set.  I love the variety of sentiments and the larger floral image. I also wanted to incorporate the new in-colors and give you some options of inks to pair with them!


For the Dapper Denim card I used: Soft Sky, Marina Mist and Dapper Denim.



For (my favorite in-color) Sweet Sugarplum, I used: Pink Pirouette, Sweet Sugarplum and Perfect Plum.


Here I frayed the Sweet Sugarplum ruched ribbon and used the thread for my accent.


For the Emerald Envy card I used: Mint Macaron, Emerald Envy & Bermuda Bay.  I love these 3 together!



For Peekaboo Peach, I used: So Saffron, Peekaboo Peach and Calypso Coral.



And last but not least, Flirty Flamingo.  Here I used Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo and Melon Mambo.



I hope that you didn't mind scrolling through all of those pictures!! I hope that you enjoyed them.  I would love to hear from you! Which color combo was your favorite?  Or do you have your own that you like with the new in-colors?

I hope you join us this week over at TGIF Challenges!  Check out the rest of the design team and look back through the month of June to be inspired! :)

Have a great weekend!
-Holly 



7 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE all of these!!! Gorgeous!! Would you consider sharing directions for your cute box?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, thank you for sharing such beautiful cards. Could you tell me how you put the ink on your cards please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts exactly... Gorgeous cards! :) I especially love the last two...
    And thanks so much for mentioning my card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, Those are just beautiful & I enjoyed looking carefully at each card to spot the details...ribbon fringes, enamel shapes, bits of doily & ruffled ribbon. I'd love to have directions for the little box, when you have time. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so elegant! So you sponged the ink on to get the ombre effect? I love the box too. Someone's going to receive an awesome set!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this beautiful set..I, too, would love the dimensions for the cute box..thank you...

    ReplyDelete