Friday, June 27, 2014

And a baby makes 5 :)

It's been a little over 72 hours since our little one made his debut.  I'm awake nursing him so I thought I would get my blog post up.  The pictures won't do the just either of how cute he is! And maybe later I will add good pictures, but for now, I just wanted my faithful bog followers to know he's here :)

Both of our other two boys went past their due dates, so I wasn't expecting that Monday morning I would have some crazy contractions.  I actually was induced with both of our other boys, so I never experienced the timing of contractions at home.  I timed them Monday morning and they were 15 minutes apart.  By noon they were almost 90 minutes apart. I contemplated staying home, but decided to go with shawn to pick up his mother at the airport.  Three hours went by and 1-2 contractions.  Figured Monday wasn't the day...

By the time we got home, they started up again and by 630 (as we were eating dinner) they were back to about 15 minutes apart. As we left to go to the hospital (7:01), They were every 8 minutes. We live 30-35 minutes away and I wanted to make sure I had time to get the good stuff - an epidural.  When the dr finally came to check me at 920, I was a 7! I asked for an epidural despite the dr and nurse saying I was tough and already made it this far.  Dr also said we could have the baby within the hour or in about 3 with the epidural. I think you know what I picked.

Delivery was fast. Pushed three or four times.  And on 6/24 at 12:19am (my birthday is 12/19), Samuel Oliver was born.  He tied his middle brother for weight (9lbs 5oz) and his oldest brother for length (20.5").  

Stay warm under the lights

Proud papa (Sam was getting a bath)

Shawn holding his 3rd boy <3

Our first "selfie"


Eli was pretty excited to meet his brother (and he still is all about him! Except he told my father in law "he cries a lot!"

Drews reaction to hearing Sam cry the first time! Hahaha!

First family picture :)

Two days later, we were out the door! ;)


Thank you all for your love, support and prayers! 

-Holly









No comments:

Post a Comment