Friday, April 15, 2016

Get Your Shine On TGIFC51 - Diamonds Out of Dust

Welcome back to another (late) TGIF Challenge!  This week has been really busy - busy enough that I lost track of what day it was and forgot all about my post!  We celebrated a birthday, went bowling, cut down a tree and pulled weeds, went fishing, doctors appointments, put together a trampoline... Can't complain because it's sunny and warm finally, BUT I'm tired!  

This week's challenge is all about the glitz! Diamonds, Pearls, Glitter!  The timing was perfect because I received some happy mail yesterday from a good friends (Jessica Williams) - Maybe you've heard of her?) She had sent some Shine On Specialty DSP!  Awesome!  Be sure to click the image below to see what the rest of the team came up with!


So I was thinking about what stamp I could use for this challenge and it came down to my beloved Alphabet Rotary Stamp.  I seriously LOVE this thing.  If you don't believe me, you can click on the tag at the end of this post and you will see all of the posts I've done with this awesome stamp!

So here is my card:






So you might be wondering - what does that even mean!?  Well... Long story short, this past Sunday would've been the day my husband would have pinned on Captain.  We were both enlisted and then Shawn commissioned to become an officer in the Air Force.  Shortly after leaving for Officer Training School, he was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and within a year he was medically retired from the service.  We had so many questions and fears with the unknown.  We had been in the military for 9 years and now we were leaving for the civilian life.  But we were trusting God the whole time - knowing he knows best.  

So this card is a reminder to me that He takes the tough situations, the job loss, the miscarriage, the failed marriage, the hard days of being a parent - He takes the dust of our lives and makes diamonds.  

This is a card to encourage someone.  I don't know who I made it for - but HE does... and I hope it will encourage whoever receives this card!

So what's with you music video you ask?  Go ahead and listen to where the sentiment came from!  It may get stuck in your head (sorry not sorry).  :)



Blessings,

Holly

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, and such a meaningful message Holly. I truly admire you and your hubby for the challenges you have endured <3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you Carolynn for your kind words! God is good and faithful and it's only made us stronger! :) Thanks for reading my blog <3

      Delete
  2. I really love what you did with the rotary stamp. What a great display of your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So simple - but - I did not think to cut out the diamond from that DSP! I love it!

    ReplyDelete