Sunday, April 3, 2016

Stamp Review Crew - White Christmas


Welcome to our first stamp set highlight of the month!  This is my second month with the Stamp Review Crew and I'm having a lot of fun seeing how creative my fellow team members are when it comes to using the same stamp set.  If you came from Kelly Kent's blog, thanks so much for stopping by!  

As you can see by our banner, we are using the White Christmas stamp set.  To be honest, I'm over all the "white" stuff and my mind is on spring.  When I saw this was the set we were using I knew I wanted to do something that didn't relate to Christmas.  We recently moved from Rhode Island and had two beautiful autumns in New England.  We drove to Vermont in October and toured a few maple syrup farms. 

So do you know what else those cute little trees remind me of??


You guessed it!  Syrup!  

My mom and dad just tapped their first trees and made their own syrup this year.  They sent me this picture one morning and said they were trying something new!  Looked like fun to me :)  They sent us the tiniest bottle in the mail and we're anxious to try it.  I'm not sure how many pancakes it will cover, so I might pull an Elf moment and pour it on my spaghetti!

(I'm kidding...)

So I wanted to make my parents a thank you card and decided to tie in the "syrup" theme with the sap lines running from tree to tree. 


I literally threaded some Tangerine Tango twine around the trees.  :) 



I really enjoyed making this stamp set into something different.  I hope they enjoy the card too!


Time to make some pancakes.  Or maybe just two.  haha!

I would love for you to continue on around the hop.  You can go back to the talented Kelly or next to my follower on many hops - Ms. Rochelle Blok :)  You can also click on the SRC Banner up top to go to the homepage to see a list of all of the participants!

  

Have a great week!

-Holly 


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card - it seems a few on us on the hop took the non-Christmas route! And home-made maple syrup - wow!!! I bet it tastes amazing. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Holly! Love the thinking outside the square to use a Christmas stamp set in a non-Christmas way. I bet your syrup tastes amazing! HA, love the 'Elf' reference!!! Just love your card! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rochelle! Glad you picked up on the movie reference. You must share my affinity for elf culture :) lol!

      Delete
  3. OOoh, love the Woodland embossed panel behind the image, and your creative use of the DSP too! Everything about this card flows together :)I did not realize you were such a recent MN transplant. Welcome!! This has been an amazing year for making maple syrup with the prolonged period of just above freezing during the day and below freezing at night. Enjoy that sweetness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tanya! I'm looking forward to warmer weather here soon!

      Delete
  4. This is just brilliant! I never thought about a maple syrup collecting scene. And the "sweet" sentiment just finishes it off. This would be a perfect card to accompany a little bottle of syrup as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never seen syrup collecting tress, at least not in New Zealand, lol. What a great way to thank your parents for their small, but sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your layers and texture Heidi, and the scene you've created is such a lovely way to incorporate the gift in a thank you...So how was the syrup? :0) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still waiting to try it! But I'm hoping soon :) thanks Nikki!

      Delete