Friday, April 29, 2016

TGIFC53 - Casing April Favorites!

Wow!  What a great turn out we had last week for the two challenges over at TGIF Challenges!  We had such great cards for the "All About Mom" theme and you all did a great job helping us celebrate our first blog birthday!  We will announce who won the free stamp set soon :)

Usually at the end of the month we do our Remix challenge .. But things have changed and I'm excited to say we are now doing something different at the end of the month.  Now instead of mixing 2 or more of the monthly's challenges together, YOU get to pick your inspiration.

You could pick any card from April - a design team member, a challenger, a winner... YOU decide! 


So for today's card, I chose Krista Frattin's card.  I love her chic style and soft color choices.  She has been one of my favorite designers since I saw her at Convention a few years ago.  (Long story short, I actually thought she was Mindy from BadaBing Paper-Crafting.  I went up to her and told her I loved her blog and then said, you're Mindy Backes right?.... yeah... that was embarrasing.)  Fast forward a few years and I'm on a Design Team with her! Say whaaaaa? 


I really like the technique Krista used on her background.  She sponged the white cardstock with versamark ink and embossed it with silver.  However, mine didn't look as cute.  I decided to stamp the background with the Watercolor Wash stamp in So Saffron ink.  I used the Botanical Builder framelits and cut white and vellum flowers.



The strip of filter paper is actually a Honeycomb Embellishment that I stretched apart and flattened out.  I did not have any filter paper, but I'm loving the way this looks! Might have to try the other colors.


So this card is for my best friend.  Her and her husband adopted little E last September, so this will be her first Mother's Day.  They waited years to be placed with a child and I'm so happy for them. God is good! :) 


Hope to see you playing along this week!  You can head on over to TGIF Challenges for all the links for April's challenges.  Pick and choose something that inspires you and make it your own! 

Have a great weekend!
-Holly 





1 comment: