Friday, September 22, 2017

Hello Friend - Z Fold Card for TGIFC126

Happy Friday!!  Do you have plans this weekend?

I'm going to a community yard sale today, 3 tball games tomorrow and church Sunday.
(And hopefully in between some of that, I will get a nap or two!)

If you have time this weekend, why don't you join us over at TGIF Challenges?  We have a fun technique this week - a "Z" fold card.


I had yet to make one of these cards, but I have been wanting to try it out for awhile now.  A little time consuming (depending on all the layering), but I love the result.  I used the sketch made by my friend Natalie Lapakko.  You can find it here.

This particular pattern is a square card, but there are other tutorials and patterns for different sizes.  I used some Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper (DSP) for the 2 larger panels.  I used the Hello Friend stamp set for the rest of the card.



I wasn't quite sure if stamping coordinating flowers would be too busy or not, but I think it worked out fine in the end.


I also thought there wasn't enough room to write anything on the inside strip, so I put a piece of Whisper White Cardstock on the back of the card.


What do you think?  I hope you enjoyed this card.  I would love to see your creation for this week's challenge.  If you need more ideas, visit TGIF Challenges and see the rest of the design team's creations or browse online.

Have a wonderful weekend!
-Holly







4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Holly! These are really pretty colors. I love the added white space on the back. I'll have to do that next time I make one of these, because I tend to write way too much inside cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie! Thanks for the directions - and yes, I need lots of space to write too :)

      Delete
  2. Really beautiful card, Holly. I'd love to know how to CASE this...ah, I see it's a z-fold. I will give it a try with some Christmas dsp. I think it is so versatile and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb! I bet your card will look lovely with Christmas dsp! Here's the link I used: http://stampwitch.blog/petals-and-paisleys-double-z-fold-card/ Blessings! Holly

      Delete