Monday, September 4, 2017

Two for Tuesday - a Day Early!


Happy Monday to you! I hope I didn't throw you off with a Two for Tuesday post, but I'm not quite sure I'll be blogging or stamping tomorrow.  I am still pregnant - now 4 days overdue - and I wanted to share my Tuesday post early just in case.

She does know it's Labor Day here in the US, right?  Labor Day could have two meanings!

Well anyway, while we wait on baby girl, I thought I'd share some "boy" cards with you!  I'm playing along with the "All About Him" challenge at the Global Design Project with a card I (or two) that I made for my nephew.

When I started making my nephew a card, I decided on some fun, bright, kid-friendly colors to use.  Lemon Lime Twist, Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango and Basic Black.  I then chose the Milestone Moments stamp set - I really love the fonts in this set and the fact that it had a TENTH stamp - perfect!  I thought...


I really thought my nephew was turning 10.  When I called my sister to verify, I was told he's definitely turning 11.  Oops!  (Aunt of the year right here!)  For the focal sentiment, I chose the Five for All stamp set.  This set has sentiment pairs that are great for the front and inside of your card.


So now I have a card for a 10 year old!

For the numbers, I used a piece of DSP from the Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper (DSP) - I thought it looked very celestial. 


Soooo... since that card wasn't going to work, I needed to make another.  Perfect for a Tuesday post! (on a Monday) :) I chose the same color scheme and changed it up a bit.  This time I used the Happy Birthday stamp from Five for All.  I was a little over halfway done stamping the background layer and I decided to stop.  I really like the look of this!


I used the same striped ribbon for an accent.  Do you recognize this ribbon?  The 7/8" Striped Ribbon from the holiday catalog is a wired ribbon, so I decided to cut the edges off.


Finally the right age on the inside! :)


Thanks for stopping by today! I hope you're enjoying a nice start to a new week.  I will keep you posted on our little one's arrival!  She is getting evicted Friday whether she wants to come or not.  Must be too hot in Texas...

:)

Blessings,
Holly





1 comment: