Thursday, November 16, 2017

Hello Fancy Friday!


Happy Friday!  What an exciting post for me as I have been asked to joined the incredibly talented team of stampers that makes up Fancy Friday - a group of past and current Artisans!  I'm so honored to be among this group.  

(I secretly hoped I would be asked to join them and now it's real!)

Here's our sketch for today's hop made by the lovely Jen Timko.


Cathy Caines has been rocking this Christmas Sweaters stamp set over the last few weeks and I finally gave in and bought it!  I love the look of this Santa sweater and decided to try something fun with it.


If you look closely, you can see that I used the Embossing Paste on his beard.  I used the pointed spatula tool to lightly smear it on and used the pointed tip to keep the paste inside the lines.


Super cute, huh?


For the side border I simply used Paper Snips to create the fringed edge.


I carried the DSP, twine and sweaters onto the inside too to bring it all together.  The sentiment on the inside is from the Watercolor Christmas stamp set.


I hope you like it!  Be sure to head on next to the super talented and fellow Texan, Erica Cerwin!

8 comments:

  1. I love his embossing paste beard! You are making me want this stamp set too Holly, and we enjoy a SUMMER Christmas here in the South Pacific! Welcome to the team ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant job with the beard. LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! And the fringe on the side is a super detail. So happy you have come over to the Fancy side!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha that's so cool! I could just imagine the furry feel of his beard in real life. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea to add embossing paste to his beard!Such a cute card, you are making me want to get that set now:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy card - love the touch of gingham!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!
    super cute!

    ReplyDelete