Monday, June 16, 2014

Sweet somethin' somethin' :)

So a week ago from yesterday, I took the boys to the church here in town.  I'm not sure why we took so long to try the church closest to us, but I'm glad we went.  It's been tough having shawn work Sunday mornings. I really dislike not having him with me.  But Eli loves Sunday school so I wanted to get going again! (Even if it'll be awhile until I'm going alone with 3 boys...)

Long story short, I met a family in the parking lot before church with two little ones - one who is Eli's age. They hit it off quick! After church we were talking and they invited us to their house for a cookout. Finally! We could meet more people! We moved to this small town in February and haven't met anyone our age! Just what we needed... And we had a really good time!

We also needed something super yummy to take with us.  That's where the sweet goodness comes in.  My sister is a pampered chef consultant and I knew I wanted to use my trifle bowl.  (The last party I hosted, I ordered two.). These bowls are the best :) I found this recipe on Pinterest, but the recipe was from browneyedbaker.com

Here's my dish and the recipe is below.  Perfect for summer, right? Only 5 more days until it's officially here! (Olaf would be happy!) 

enjoy!



BERRY TRIFLE

A festive and colorful triple with layers of angel food cake, blueberries and strawberries.

yield: 8 to 10 servings

 

prep time: 30 minutes

 

total time: 30 minutes

INGREDIENTS:

1 angel food cake, cut into cubes
1 (3.4-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding mix
2 cups cold milk
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
8 ounces Cool Whip
2 pints blueberries, rinsed
2 pints strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a small bowl, combine the vanilla pudding mix with the milk and whisk for two minutes; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and gradually add the powdered sugar. Once all of the sugar is incorporated, increase the speed to medium and beat for 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined and smooth.

3. Add the prepared pudding to the cream cheese mixture and gently fold and stir with a rubber spatula until completely combined. Add the Cool Whip to the bowl and fold it into the mixture until no white streaks remain.

4. To assemble the trifle, alternate layers of angel food cake, blueberries, the pudding mixture, strawberries and so on, until you get the top. Add a final layer of the pudding mixture, then arrange the remaining strawberries and blueberries in a decorative pattern. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. This is best served within 24 hours of making it, but leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.


No comments:

Post a Comment