Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Farewell to the Friday Mashup - A Beautiful Ride


Today I wanted to share with you a card I made for the final Friday Mashup challenge.  This was one of the first challenge sites I ever played for but honestly hadn't played along with for a long time.  I think I have too many challenge sites saved and not enough time to play!

Nonetheless, I wanted to play this week.  I really liked the sketch.  Make sure you head on over to www.fridaymashup.com to see the challenge site and check out the inspiration. 

Create a Project with an "Easter theme or Chicks & Bunnies" 
or Create a Project using the above "Sketch"
or Mash it Up and create an Easter project using the Sketch above. 

I chose to just use the sketch since I don't really have many Easter stamps, and well, Easter has come and gone!  I also had this idea in mind when I saw the sketch and was relieved to know I didn't have to use both categories for the challenge. Whew!  (See I told you it has been awhile since I've played along!)

I masked the white stripes with washi tape.  
After sponging the sunset colors, I carefully pulled the washi tape off.  

I added some stars and a little shimmer to the center of the wheels by adding some Silver Dazzling Details.  Love the extra pizzazz it gives! 

While I had my sponges out, I also wanted to try another technique I saw on instagram.  Loved the black and white trees too.  They are from the set In the Meadow.  The sentiment is from Suite Sayings.

All three of these sets are in the Occasions Catalog from SU!  You could order all three and still earn a FREE Sale-a-Bration item!  You have until tomorrow, March 31st, 11:59p MT.

Thanks for stopping by midway through your week!  Make sure you head on over to The Friday Mashup and say farewell to a great challenge site.  I saved a few blogs to my homepage while I was there.  Great talent!  

Have a blessed Wednesday!

-Holly 




3 comments: