Friday, September 23, 2016

Grateful for You - TGIFC74


Happy Friday!  We have a fun theme for you this week at TGIF Challenges! Sewing and stitching!  Sewing on cards has been around for awhile, but has been trending lately.  Stampin' Up! even has a Stitched with Cheer Project Kit in the catalog where you get needles and thread to stitch on your cards!  It's super cute and fun to do.

You can use a sewing machine, hand stitch, draw stitch marks or even use some of Stampin' Up!'s stamp sets that have stitching in them.  Wrapped in Warmth and the coordinating Stitched with Cheer stamp sets are two sets in the holiday catalog that have stamps with a stitched look.

There are many ways to play along :)

For me... I wanted to hand stitch. (I need my sewing machine fixed!) Hand stitching is really simple to do.  All you need is thread (or baker's twine), a needle, a paper piercing tool and a foam mat.  


I took Watermelon Wonder Thick Baker's Twine and threaded the leaves.


I added Daffodil Delight splatter, Cucumber Crush leaves and a Night of Navy flower to pull in the colors from the Affectionately Yours Washi Tape.  


I'll be honest and say, this is the first time I've colored like this and I'm so happy with the way the coloring turned out.  It really reminded me of the blendabilities.  To get the blended look, I added rubbing alcohol in my Aqua Painter.  This helps the paper not bleed or tear from getting too wet.  I also used Basic Black Archival ink.


So there you have it :)  Just a little bit of stitching - but it makes for a really neat extra detail.

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you join us this week over at TGIF Challenges!

Have a wonderful weekend!
-Holly







No comments:

Post a Comment