Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Brusho, Baby Wipes & Party Pandas!

Yesterday we celebrated our second oldest!  This little guy is such a spitfire! He's our early riser, goofy-trouble maker and our very best eater.  This kid will try every food once and eats almost anything.  He has a sweet soul and will talk your ear off.  In fact, yesterday his doctor told him he has the "gift of gab".

And now he's a "whole handful" - in more ways that one.


For his card, I wanted to try a new trick that I saw on Lyssa Zwolanek's blog.  If you are new to the Brusho products like I am, I am amazed to see many different ways to use this coloring medium.  This particular card was made with Brusho and a baby wipe (and I have a lot of those around the house).



The first thing I did here was the embossed background.  I took words from both the Tabs for Everything and the Thoughtful Banners.  I arranged them onto a clear block and stamped the words in Versamark - embossed in White Emboss Powder.  Andrew really got a kick out of the words I chose - especially the "wild & crazy" combo.  I also added the little cake afterwards.  Arranging these on the block really made this quick and easy, and perfect for stamping it twice across the background! 



Next, get a baby wipe - a good quality one that won't fray easily and is moist.  Now, Lyssa said this wipe will work for a few card fronts, so feel free to make multiple.  I was stamping late so I didn't bother making more than one.  Sprinkle a little Brusho across the wipe until you have a surface area covered that will cover the front of a card base.   You may need to spritz the wipe if the Bursho isn't activating enough.  Then lay your cardstock onto your baby wipe.  I recommend Shimmery White, Thick Whisper White CS or Watercolor Paper.  I used regular white and my paper warped a lot.  

We can blame that mistake on the lack of sleep.

Finally, use an Aqua Painter or paintbrush to blend in any areas that you would like. I used Huggies wipes, so I had some "H circles" to blend. :)

The black and white sentiments are from the Thoughtful Banners set and this adorable panda is from the Party Pandas set that you can earn FREE now through March 31st during Sale-a-Bration!  


So grab the Brusho and stamp sets and you've earned yourself a free Party Pandas set!
(Plus you earn a "heart" for my customer rewards with a $50 order!)

Thanks so much for stopping by today!
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

-Holly






Product List

2 comments: