Friday, May 15, 2015

A Special Birthday Celebration!

In celebration of Mother's Day (a few days late) and my mother's birthday (today), I wanted to share with you all something that I had made last month for a blog hop and decided last minute not to blog about.  I intentionally made this to be framed.  My mom has become my best friend over the last few years.  It took me leaving for the military and living on my own to learn how much my parents loved and cared for me and my siblings.  Like my sister said on Sunday, if God hadn't chose her for us, we still would've picked her as our mom!  I could go on and on about my mom but I'll try to keep this short. :)  (I'm failing already...)
 
This photo was taken last fall when I visited my family in PA.  I absolutely LOVE this photo of us!  If you're a mom you know that you're always the one behind the camera and I noticed last Mother's Day that I didn't have many of my mom and I.  I made a vow to change that!

My mom has recently lost 40 lbs - dropping almost 8 dress sizes - and she is just as beautiful now as she was before but I can see how much happier she is now! This was only halfway through her journey but you can see the joy already!  Definitely something worth a frame so I can see it everyday!  Proud of you mom!!
 
 
When I saw the picture in person I couldn't help but see Crisp Cantaloupe, Gold and Black. 
 

This saying fits my mom perfectly! 
 
 
For the gold and black dots, I stamped the dots from Dotty Angle in versamark and then sprinkled the Gold embossing powder on the image.  Then before heating the powder, I scraped the dots randomly with my nails and then poured Black embossing powder on the image.  I hadn't done this before but I loved the way it looked!  Almost animal-print-ish...
 
Yes, I think I just made that word up. 

 
Well I hope that you enjoyed this project!  As always, thanks for stopping by!  It's time to start on my actual scrapbook pages!  I just got a package in the mail yesterday with something NEW and awesome from SU!  A brand new PLxSU bundle!! Whoop whoop!!  More to follow...
 
Happy friday and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!
 
-Holly
 
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment