Thursday, May 14, 2015

OSAT Blog Hop - Monochromatic


Welcome back to our monthly blog hop!  If you're visiting from Martie's page, you haven't traveled far.  Seriously, we live about 35 minutes from each other! :)  If this is your first time joining us - welcome!  We are a group of stampers that have "met" on the One Stamp At a Time facebook page.  Each month we post a card and a project to inspire our facebook members and our blog followers.  Make sure you take a moment to check out all of the blogs!  The links will be posted at the end. :)

This month's theme is monochromatic.  I (among a few others) thought we would only have one specific color, but we actually chose a color grouping instead.  The more the merrier I say! :)  My color choices are Night of Navy, Coastal Cabana & Whisper White.  If you saw the Nautical Party post this week, you might see a little theme!

This card was a fun one to make.  I found this card a few months ago here but forgot all about it.  Then on Sunday I had someone place an order for this type of fold, so I thought I would make one for the hop! :) They are fun and easy!


The card is called a diorama card and I love it because it folds flat but has a surprise when opened.  Cute, huh?  And it's only a little smaller than an A2 card, so you don't need any special envelope!


I added 'bokeh' to the background because I wanted it to look like bubbles.


The project part of this hop seems to be my weakness.  I'm a card girl and I usually make projects when I have something/someone in mind.  If I make something just because, it'll get lost in my craftroom chaos.  So I thought earlier about making some PLxSU cards and when I spoke to Martie (also on the blog) she brought it up! Must have been a sign! 
So here you go :)


I used the PL framelits but you could certainly use the corner rounder and cut the pieces to fit your PLxSU page protectors. 


The Maritime DSP was perfect and the Sea Street, PLxSU Remember This & PLxSU Day to Day sets brought it all together. 


And even though my work for the blog hop is done, I thought I would also show you the thank you cards I made for my friend (the nautical birthday party)... She liked the example in the Idea Book & Catalog and I told her I could make them for her.  It just goes to show that you don't always need pinterest or other blogs to gain inspiration from - just open the SU catalog!  That's what it's there for..  Well that and dreaming :)



Speaking of dreaming... My pre-order comes today!  Woohoo!  I could barely sleep last night just thinking about it! 

Well I hope this brought some "color" into your Thursday! Make sure you click the next button and check out what sweet Lori has in store! 

Next

And make sure you check out all of the other talent on the hop! :)

Have a wonderful day!
-Holly

(ME!)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


8 comments:

  1. Holly I absolutely think this adorbs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my... my likely a lot alot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. makes me want to throw a lobster bake! hope to make it to the beach with you and your boys to fill those project life cards in

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome project idea! I LOVE your PL Cards and i'm a huge fan of your diorama!!! Just Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both your projects. The card is amazing and I love the DIY Project Life cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You diorama is spectacular and your PL cards are amazing! You are sooo super talented! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've learned something new today! I'm gonna have to give it a try and make a diorama card. The sailboat almost looks like it floating through the old navy waters all the way to the fish.

    ReplyDelete