Saturday, June 13, 2015

Banana Cream Trifle

One of my favorite things to do other than stamping is bake.  It's something my mom instilled in all of her daughters.  Today our neighbors are having a cookout and I said I would bring dessert.
Then I realized, 80% of my baking stuff is packed and it's too hot to bake anyway.  I didn't pack my trifle bowl because it's my go-to summer dish.  Layers of fruit, dessert, salad... you name it!  So today I made this yummy Banana Cream Trifle. 

And it wouldn't be "me" to not add some kind of stamping! :)
(more on the tag later)

First layer the crushed up Nilla Wafers on the bottom of your dish.  Then take the full Nilla Wafers around the side and add the bananas. 


Pour in a layer of pudding. 
(I used an entire box per layer.)


Add a layer of Cool Whip and repeat.


Look at the layers of banana goodness!!


I wanted to add a label for the dessert since we are heading to a neighborhood get-together.  I'm sure most people could figure it out by looking at it, but what the heck, why not? :)  Makes the dish look even more appealing, don't you think?

For the tag I took Daffodil Delight and Whisper White CS, added the watercolor stamp from Work of Art, some brown (Crumb Cake) banana spots with Gorgeous Grunge and you guessed it, my (ever so loved) Alphabet Rotary Stamp! I added some extra detail with some linen thread and Daffodil Delight cotton ribbon.
Wish you could enjoy this with me!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!
(come back tomorrow for CYCI Sunday)
-Holly

Banana Cream Trifle

Prep: 35 minutes Chill: 2+ hours Total: 2.5+ hours Serves: 10-16
3 (3.4oz) boxes instant vanilla pudding
2 (11oz) boxes of Nilla Wafers
2 (8oz) containers of Cool Whip (I only used about 1.5 containers)
6 cups milk
4 large bananas
In a food processor, crush one full box of Nilla Wafers.  Prepare pudding as directed on the box.  (I prepared one box at a time which helps when layering.) Layer wafers, bananas, pudding, cool whip and repeat.  Chill in refridgerator for 2 hours or until cooled to your liking.

8 comments:

  1. Perfection, Holly! I think you need a TV show! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candee!! :) you could be my weekly guest!

      Delete
  2. The presentation on this is spectacular! Thanks for sharing it, I keep collecting trifle dishes and am always looking for ideas of how to actually use them! Love the stamped addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Natalie!! :) sorry for reply so late!

      Delete
  3. My husband would die over this, banana is his fave! Pinning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a favorite here too! Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete
  4. This looks amazing! Thanks for linking up to Tasty Tuesday last week. I hope you'll link up again tomorrow! I've pinned your great recipe to the Creative K Pinterest board.

    ReplyDelete