Sunday, June 28, 2015

CYCI76 - New In Color Challenge

Hey everyone!  I'm sorry that I haven't been posting as much as I normally do.  We are finally done with our move!  All that is left is cleaning the house and having the landlords do the walk through.  I cannot wait to be done!  And my sister and family are visiting this week!  I am beyond excited!! :) I'm ready to relax after these past few weeks.
 
Sorry - enough jabbering...
it's Sunday which means there is an all new challenge over at Can You Case It? 
 
http://wp.me/p4g33G-wr
 
This week we are working with the new in colors.  I decided to actually challenge myself and use 2 of the colors I'm not a fan of (yet) - Cucumber Crush and Delightful Dijon. 
 
I chose one of the new hostess sets called Floral Wings and paired it with Gorgeous Grunge. 
 
 
To add more detail, I only taped in body of the butterfly so that I could lift the wings a little.  I added the new gold thread and some dimension to the roses.
 

 
This new thread is great and thin enough for the inside of the card!

 
And wouldn't you know, I took the picture outdoors at our new home and there are these itty bitty pink roses (?) that were such a coincidence!  The perfect backdrop =)

 
Come join us this week.  It's a perfect chance to test out the new in colors!  I confess - I'm liking the Cucumber Crush and Delightful Dijon a little more now.
 
:)
 
-Holly

 
 

1 comment: