Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A Graduation Card for Jacquie!


Yesterday we went to a graduation party for my husband's cousin Jacquie.  She just graduated Saturday from Iowa State.  I wanted to incorporate the school colors of Red and Gold.
I also used two of my favorite papers that are retiring - Typeset DSP and Fancy Foil Designer Vellum.  I layered them onto the Very Vanilla and Real Red cardstock.  I cut the numbers using the Big Shot and the Large Numbers Framelits.  The graduation cap I cut by hand and attached with a dimensional.  The candy dots were on the clearance rack last week but are gone now - sorry!


She loved the card and I'm so happy she did!  We are proud of Jacquie and we're anxious for her to start her new job in Iowa.


I missed last week's challenge over at SU Only challenges (congrats theme!) but this week's challenge is using our favorite background papers.  If I had to pick one, it'd be the Typeset DSP.  I even ordered an extra pack just because I love it!

Hope you head on over to SU-Only Challenges and see all of the other great creations.

Have a great Tuesday!

-Holly 



5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Jacquie!! I am sure that she will love this card- the vellum overlay, the gold numbers and all of your other details look amazing!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...what a totally FABULOUS graduation card! LOVE the vellum overlay and the glitter numbers...how perfect! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, typeset DSP would be my favourite too!! I love the layering with the vellum - what an awesome idea!! All the glittery details are totally wonderful too!! So glad you joined the fun at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the layers on your card. The vellum is a great touch, that I always forget about using. Thanks for playing along with SUO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUPER creative card - this is really thinking OUTSIDE the BOX! Thanks for playing along with the SUO challenge today!!

    ReplyDelete