Sunday, February 12, 2017

A Dino-riffic Birthday Party!

Saturday afternoon we celebrated our oldest son's 6th birthday along with his friend from school.  They were t-ball teammates last summer, they're in the same classroom and his mom attends my stamp class.  I was already planning a dinosaur party for Eli, so I suggested the idea that the boys share the party.  We decided to let the boys share the day and they had a blast!

Two weeks ago I sent the invites to the teacher to pass out to the kids.  The made the invite on my computer and customized the font colors to match Cucumber Crush, Tangerine Tango & Bermuda Bay.

I then took the No Bones About It stamp set and stamped the dinosaur skeletons on the background in Smoky Slate.  I also stamped the party hats with the coordinating colors.



I decided on Thursday to paint a mural for the background.  I'm not quite sure what I was thinking, but I managed to make one in time and Eli cannot wait to hang it in his bedroom!



The banner I made with Smoky Slate cardstock.  I stamped the background again with the dinosaur skeletons.  I added 2 circle layers - the Bermuda Bay scallop circle from the Layering Circles Framelits and a white stitched circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  The letters were cut using the Large Letters Framelits.




For the cake toppers, I kept things simple.  These only took a few minutes to cut and tape to the stick.  Again, I used the Large Letter Framelits for this.


For the little thank you gifts for the boys and girls I knew exactly which stamp set to use.  I received the All Things Thanks stamp set last November at OnStage and I thought it was so neat to have a thank you sentiment to go along with a birthday.  This stamp (in the top left corner) was perfect for the gifts and we will use it again to send thank you cards.  It says "Thank you for making my birthday happy".

The boys each received a cute little box with dinosaurs and candy.  I used the Clear Tiny Treat Boxes which were the perfect size!


For the tops I cut some Bermuda Bay cardstock with the 1 3/4" circle punch, added a Cucumber Crush leaf made with the Botanical Builders Framelits and finished it off with the sentiment and some Bermuda Bay Baker's Twine.  These were so fun to make and I was very pleased with how they turned out! 


For the girls that came, I made the same tag but they received nail polish, chapstick and candy instead of dinosaurs! These fit perfectly in the Gusseted Cellophane Bags.


For the food labels, I stamped the dinosaur skeleton on the background and used my Bermuda Bay and Tangerine Tango Stampin' Write Markers for the writing.






I have always enjoyed throwing parties and love it even more so when I can use Stampin' Up! products that I have on hand to decorate with.  I know the colors will coordinate and that everything will look great!

Thanks for taking the time to look at today's post.  I hope this gave you a glimpse of how great SU! is for things other than cards.

Have a wonderful week!

-Holly

9 comments:

  1. WHAT an awesome party! GOOD JOB, Holly!

    LindaB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinoritos? Dinosaur Eggs? Dinosaur Bones? And Teeth? WOW!!!! I love the idea!! Hugs, Karo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly...I have really been enjoying the cards that have been popping up on Pinterest, with your name attached to them! :) So I decided to check out your blog! You are an amazing paper-crafter!! Love your card creations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! Glad you've enjoyed my creations! (Sorry for the late reply!)

      Delete
  4. How did you made the volcano?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I made the volacano with cardboard and newspaper - basic paper mache recipe on Pinterest :)

      Delete