Thursday, February 2, 2017

Hey Chick - Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

Welcome back to another Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team hop!  I'm excited that you've stopped by and hope that you find some great inspiration from the team!  We are showcasing this year's Sale-A-Bration stamp sets that you can earn free with a qualifying order.

The set I am showing you today is called Hey Chick.  The first time I saw this set I knew it'd be one of the first ones I would order.  (Tasty Trucks is pretty awesome too).
My parents have been empty-nesters since I left for the military in 2005.  It took them 11 years to add some "kids" to the family and they started raising chickens last summer.  They have 6 chickens.  No names - just referred to as "the girls".

I have yet to convince my husband to let us raise chickens too.  I suppose 3 boys is enough.

Anyway, I'm rambling.  Let's just look at these cute chicks!




One of the great things about Stampin' Up! are the coordinating products.  Here I used the Hexagon Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder two ways.  I first stamped the "hey, chick!" sentiment on Whisper White Cardstock and then embossed the layer.

I then took the folder and rubbed my Soft Suede Ink Pad onto the raised portion of the folder to create this chicken wire look.  You don't need to run this through the Big Shot, just press the cardstock layer onto the embossing folder and apply pressure to transfer the ink. 



I also made two more cards with this set - with a little different color combo.  I also wanted to make a card with the cute little egg.



Now I'm not quite sure why I made my chicken egg blue.. I must have been thinking robin's eggs... or maybe dyed Easter eggs?  Either way, it's still cute, right?


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you enjoyed these cards!  Remember you can earn your own Hey, Chick set with a $50 (USD) order through your demonstrator!  Who doesn't love free stamps??

If the chickens aren't quite you thing, we have lots of other great sets!  Make sure you make your way around the blog hop to see all the Sale-A-Bration samples we've made for you today!

Next stop is the lovely Jennifer from the US!



Product List

14 comments:

  1. The cards with the chickens are so cool!
    Greetings & Kisses
    Sylwia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously love your chicken wire backgrounds. I must remember to use this folder with these images. It's a marriage made in heaven :-) Your cards always inspire me Holly ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all fantastic, but the "good egg" card literally made me squeal with delight! I must (will!) CASE it immediately! Great job, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too!!! love them all, but that "Good Egg" made me laugh out loud!!! Fun cards all the way around...

      Faith

      Delete
  4. Love both of your cards but I too LOVE to good egg! So awesome! Loved seeing what you created with this fun set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol. Can't wait until you get yourself some chickens!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cute! I love your colors and the backgrounds. Also, they have actual chicken that lay eggs that color so you're golden ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun cards. Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think these will go down as my favorite chick cards EVER. I love the repeated greeting on the one card. I love the colors you used. They are so chickie and eggie colors. LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Holly! I am enchanted by your egg card, I think that is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are great cards--love the color combos, the chicken wire and especially the wings holding a heart and a banner. Will have to copy that cute detail!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute as always. LOVE that second colour combo! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these all Holly! You never cease to amaze me!

    ReplyDelete