Thursday, March 19, 2015

Kraft Grid Journal Birthday Book

Last August I made an Address Book using the kraft grid journals from Stampin' Up!  I was recently asked by a friend if I could make a birthday book for my etsy shop and here is what I came up with. :)


The kraft grid journal comes with 64 pages, so the first thing I did was tear the book into two books at the seam.  I don't think anyone needs 64 pages of birthdays!  I cut a piece of birthday bash DSP to cover the front and wrap around the spine a little.  I cut balloons using the balloon framelits and embossed the saying in crushed curry embossing powder.  (I ordered the Hooray It's Your Day set recently and it was perfect for this project.)
 I added the stars and twine to finish off the front.  



My husband suggested I make something to close the book better.  I was already on top of it, but I nodded in agreement to make him feel good. ;)
To make the fastener, I punched a large oval put of kraft cardstock and glued a calypso coral button on the back.  Worked like a charm!

There are two pages for each month.  I added accents of the same DSP & silver glimmer paper.  The months were stamped with the alphabet rotary stamp.  
Have I told you before how much I love this stamp?! 




This is going to be hard to give away.  Even if it IS for a profit.  

Guess I'll use the other half of the journal and make my own! :)

Thanks for stopping by! 

  
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment