Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Stuffed French Toast

Good morning!  If you came here looking for some stamping inspiration, you won't find it in today's post.  But don't leave just yet!  Every once in awhile I like to blog about another love of mine other than stamping.  FOOD.  I've always loved being in the kitchen and cherish the days spent with my mom in her kitchen.  She definitely taught us girls how to bake.  Thanks mom! :)


So yesterday morning I made my family stuffed french toast.  Sunday night we celebrated my husband's birthday a day late.  My kidney stone still hadn't passed but I was able to atleast cook.  I decided around 4:30 to make homemade bread to go with the pot roast.  I tried a new recipe and when I went to program my bread machine, it said 4 hours! Everything was already mixed so we ended up passing on the bread with dinner.  

**Sometimes the yummiest breakfasts come from mistakes made while on painkillers.**

Which brings me to "mistake" number two.  Too much icing!  I made Shawn a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing, and you can see from the picture below how much leftover frosting I had!


The icing was a cream cheese frosting (butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla). Perfect for stuffing french toast, no?  #sugarshock

Wisk 4 eggs and a cup of milk, dip the bread icing side up covering just one side of each slice and top with fruit.  I put mine on a press, but I'm sure flipping them on a griddle works too.  Keep warm in a 300 degree oven until ready. 


These raspberries were picked last September here in Rhode Island.  The boys preferred the raspberry but all three were pretty darn awesome!

Top with syrup, fruit and "sugar sugar" as my 2yo would say.  


Heck, I'd even dollop more icing on top :)


Thanks for stopping by.

Maybe I'll start a gofundme account to go to culinary school...

Just kidding!

:)

-Holly










No comments:

Post a Comment