Thursday, December 21, 2017

A Card for Sara - Dragonfly Dreams



Hello there!  It's been a little quiet on my blog and I'm happy to say I'm just enjoying the Christmas season and relaxing with my family.  However, a few of the ladies from the Artisan team decided to share some cards that we made for Sara Douglass - the CEO of Stampin' Up!  

Sometime in October, the Artisan Design Team was asked if we would like to contribute a card for Sara to be displayed at her desk.  Um... no need to ask twice!

Then reality hit...  I had to create a card for "the boss" basically!  Talk about pressure to make something perfect - yet still make it fit my style.  The only "rule" was that it needed to include Berry Burst, Lemon Lime Twist and Basic Black - these are Sara's favorite colors.

Here's the card I cam up with for Sara:


I decided to break up the background with different textures and product.  I used the Petal Burst embossing folder, the Decorative Ribbon Border Punch for the Lemon Lime Twist piece, some washi tape from the Paper Pumpkin Kit that Sara designed this Spring and finished the background with some tone on tone stamping with the dots stamp from Dragonfly Dreams.

I added 4 different ribbons to make it extra pretty.
I have a thing for ribbon.


If you look closely, you can see the Clear Emboss Powder that I used on the stamped dragonfly.  The Black Rhinestones were perfect for this too.


I colored the reverse side of the stamped vellum with my Lemon Lime Twist and Berry Burst Stampin' Write Markers.


For the inside, I added some more of the Smoky Slate dots and the washi tape.


Lo and behold - my card was displayed at her desk (top left)!  
One of the coolest stampin' memories (and honors) ever!


So hop around and see some more Sara inspired creations! There are only 5-6 of us hopping, so you have plenty of time to check them out!  Plus, you'll get a closer look at a few more of the cards on the cork board above! 

Next up is my lovely and talented friend Paula Dobson!


Have a blessed day!
-Holly

1 comment: